Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA)
C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity (Cardiac Risk Assessment)
Complete Blood Count / CBC (includes Differential and Platelets):
- WBC, RBC, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, Platelet Count, MPV and Differential (Absolute and Percent – Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
Comprehensive Metabolic Profile ( includes eGFR ):
- Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
Kidney (Renal) Function Profile:
- Albumin, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Creatinine, Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (calculated), Glucose, Phosphate (as Phosphorus), Potassium, Sodium, Urea Nitrogen
Liver (Hepatic) Function Profile:
- Total Protein, Albumin, Globulin (calculated), Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Total Bilirubin, Direct Bilirubin, Indirect Bilirubin (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, AST, ALT
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Free and Total:
Total PSA, Free PSA, % Free PSA (calculated)
Urinalysis, Complete Profile:
- Color; appearance; specific gravity; pH; protein; glucose; occult blood; ketones; leukocyte esterase; nitrite; bilirubin; urobilinogen; microscopic examination of urine sediment.
Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. Specimens should be collected in the morning since iron values decrease by 30% during the course of the day and there can be significant interference from lipemia. PSA sampling should not be performed for at least 6 weeks after prostatic biopsy. For accurate test results, no ejaculation during the 24 hours preceding the test.